[NAFEX] Pawpaws are not dioecious/ yes they are and here's why

Michele Stanton 6ducks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 07:37:24 EDT 2011

The pawpaw dioecious thing---  here is where common names make such messes.
The papaya, Papaya carica to be specific, is known in many places as a
pawpaw.  This plant is dioecious. If you google pawpaw many of the sites you
pull up will be talking about this plant, which is actually an herbaceous
perennial.

Asimina triloba, referred to in the Midwest as a pawpaw, has flowers that
are perfect--although it does require cross pollination.

Michele in SW Ohio