[NAFEX] Sweet Cherry Rootstocks: Zaiger & Gisella-6 - questions on dwarfing

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:14:27 EDT 2011

Given the combination of scion to rootstock, they may top out within a few feet of each other in terms of height and breadth. You will still need to open up some space for light and air most summers - that is the case with my English Morello sour cherry on Gisela 5, which might get to be 9 feet tall. Quite small as cherries go.
I'd expect your trees to top out 12-14,' but that depends on several factors.
Enjoy,
Dave Liezen