[NAFEX] Morus nigra (black mulberry) - survive USDA zone 6b? and source?

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Mon Apr 4 23:18:01 EDT 2011

Grimo Nut Nursery in the Niagara Peninsula

http://www.grimonut.com

offers a "grafted Italian Mulberry, Morus nigra, large, black, delicious"

Their location is between St. Catharines (historic low minus 14 degrees
Fanrenheit) and Niagara-on-the-Lake (historic low minus 12 degrees
Fahrenheit) within a mile of Lake Ontario. My guess would be that it is
almost but not quite as cold as your location in winter.

They ship to the U.S. They have trees of this cultivar in the 3-6 foot
size at CDN$30 (plus shipping etc.) left in stock tonight.

I've dealt with Ernie Grimo for about 30 years now. He is very straight
and reliable. You can probably talk to him about it.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada