[NAFEX] medlar death

rob hamilton lostman_amiga at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 19:20:38 EDT 2009

Thats is what puzzled me about the decline of this tree. I have had no problems with it before. I have never sprayed.  I would see may one or two branch tips brown in a season.
Also, I didnt see the "black crook" shape that I heard was the sign of fire bight.  I was unaware that firebight could come back during the summer as well. I thought it was entered through flowers.

Bacause it has affcted the whole tree at once all branch end including ones with no flower or fruits. I still think it may be something else that is more systemic.

Anyway, it doesent seem like I can do any thing at this point.

Really hate to see my old friend pass like this. I will have to try again with new location.

Robert
Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (SPEPS)
www.SPEPS.net
California Rare Fruit Growers
www.crfg.org

My New Blog!!