[NAFEX] Removing seeds from american Persimions

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 10:13:46 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/22/2009 6:24:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
tkbrady at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I have an American Persimion Tree which is just beginning to produce large
>
> quantities of fruit.  Does anyone have any sugestions how to remove the
> seeds so I can use the pulp?

Terry,

The easiest for small batches is a colander.

Also known as Chinese Cap at Gordon Food Supply Co. It doesn't come with a
wood mall. Foley Food Mill also works well.

And for really small batchges a large strainer works.

If you don't have a pusher (this one is from our kitchen food grinder) a
large serving spoon works.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jerry