[NAFEX] Asian fly poses new threat to Oregon ag

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Fri Oct 16 14:11:10 EDT 2009

I think the question of biological control, touched on in the Oct. 14th
article, is crucial.

What effect does Drosophila suzukii have on fruit growing in Japan and
elsewhere that it exists?

Is it under biological control in its homelands?

What are the biological control agents?

Can they be imported?

I expect that Japanese entomologists will already know most of the
answers to these questions.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada