[NAFEX] Question for Lon - now grape seeds

Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Nov 24 09:24:41 EST 2009

Excellent post Stephen. I sometime wonder about the evolution of the
American mind as well as the palate!

Question- as I explore fruit, I realize that chewing on the fruit seeds
can enhance flavor or can minimize the trouble of eating a seeded fruit.
Examples: Serviceberry- what would the flavor be without the almond
accents of the seeds?  Passionfruit- way too much trouble to separate
the seeds from the pulp in my mouth!

What about grapes?  What do people do?  I have always spit out the
seeds, and sometimes the tough skin of muscadines.

Does anyone chew the seeds of grapes?  Do any varieties have seeds that
when chewed, enhance the flavor of the fruit?

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC