[NAFEX] Growing Amelanchier

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:13:53 EST 2009

I've posted this to the list previously.  In Minneapolis near the 3rd
Street bridge, there is a Hardy's that has 3-4 A x grandiflora planted
as landscape plants.  They were heavy with very large (for saskatoons)
fruit that had good flavor.  I've never had saskatoons anywhere that I
would describe as sweet but these were plants that had a lot of
potential.  I was never able to germinate all the fruit I collected,
not sure why.  This was a few years back so no idea if they are still
there.

~mIEKAL