[NAFEX] Ornamental plum fruiting?

ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN hartmansfruit at msn.com
Mon Jun 29 23:21:29 EDT 2009

Thundercloud which is an ornamental red leafed plum will sometimes have fruit on it.  Usually they are smaller than golf ball size but they are edible.  Normally they don't have plums on them or very few and then once in awhile they will be loaded.  There are probably other varieties that do the same.  Of course they aren't as tasty as a regular plum but they can be eaten.  I can't vouch for all ornamental red leafed plums.  You might be interested in reading Arthur Lee Jacobson's article on purple leafed plums:
http://www.arthurleej.com/a-PurpleleafPlumTrees.html<http://www.arthurleej.com/a-PurpleleafPlumTrees.html>.

Bob
Western Washington