[NAFEX] companion planting for space

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Sun Jun 28 08:29:43 EDT 2009

For the last tree years, I have planted a squash or two with each apple tree
every year, thereby saving a lot of space in the vegetable garden. It's an
incentive to improve the soil around the trees as the squash requires
fertile soil, and the quality of the squash vine indicates the quality of
the soil around each particular tree, much like the type of weed growing
will indicate the soil ph, sand or clay, etc.. My trees are beginning to be
healthier and more vigorous in the process...l
Hélène, zone3-4