[NAFEX] Tiger Lillies, daylilies? [OT, mostly]

Melissa Kacalanos mijwiz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 17:07:57 EST 2009

I've enjoyed eating daylily flowers, but apparently other parts are edible too:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/04/09/HOG7UC42QO1.DTL

I grew some in the very shady bit of yard between two houses, and they didn't take over or divide much at all, just bloomed. It was impressive that anything could bloom with that little light.

Melissa

tanis cuff <tanistanis at hotmail.com> wrote:
I've heard that the flower buds are edible, but I can't imagine that slowing down the plants!  Are the leaves or rhizomes edible too?

> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:48:48 -0800
> From: aleguy33 at yahoo.com
> To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tiger Lillies, daylilies? [OT, mostly]
>

> The best way to control day lilies is to eat them.

No exceptions.

NAFEX web site:   http://www.nafex.org/