[NAFEX] Maple facts and more

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Tue Feb 26 10:19:26 EST 2008

Would it be feasible to boil a pot of water next to the syrup, and heat the
syrup until it boiled at 7 degrees more than the adjacent pot of water?
You'd need two thermometers (so as not to cross-contaminate the pots by
moving the thermometer back and forth) and you'd need to calibrate them
against each other (as many home themometers aren't perfectly calibrated)
but that would be a one-time operation, and then you could just put a cheap
thermomter in each pot and boil away until the syrup was done.

(and you wouldn't need to bother with the pot of water until the syrup
looked close to finished.)
___
Ginda