[NAFEX] Red Fleshed apples

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch_mnd at dataone.in
Thu Feb 21 00:45:05 EST 2008

Red colour of the flesh in guava is a genetic character and is not climate
dependent.  There are several types.  I can send seeds but not right now.

However, the intensity of the external red colour of guavas in some red
verities with white flesh can vary with climate.

It might be interesting to know that red fleshed varieties are not
considered to be good from taste and other viewpoints in India.  The white
fleshed verities are preferred much more.

I am also sending pictures of red guavas called apple guava.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar