[NAFEX] Two Questions

JAMES ELIE tomelzear at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 18 23:30:21 EST 2008

I have been curious to tap a few silver maples in the yard.  Have you
checked out St Lawrence Nursery's "Sweet Sap" silver maple.  The claim is
that it has a higher percent of sugar than the sugar maple syrup.  The
silver maple is such a vigorous grower.
I was planning on tapping a 30 year old silver maple but the strange spring
threw a wrench in the works and I ended up taking it down to improve sun
exposure for the rest of the yard (and expanding garden).

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI zone 4/5

used to change other email options):