[NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs

Spidra Webster spidra at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 18 13:52:05 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Road's End Farm wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2008, at 12:24 PM, William C. Garthright wrote:
>

>>> I belong to 15 Yahoo groups, and don't get ads.
>>

>> Same here. I was wondering about that. I don't get ads from any of my
>> Yahoo groups. Some people do?
>>
> I don't belong to Yahoo itself, but am a member of an email
> listserve hosted by Yahoo. Emails on that list come through with
> the text of the email on the left, and a band of ads (many of them
> advertising some feature of Yahoo itself) running on the right side
> of the email window.

Yes, you can change this behavior by choosing "Traditional Email"
rather than "Fully-Featured".  As far as I know, if you're signed up
for a Yahoo Group, you have the ability to visit the group's page on
the web and change this setting yourself, even if you don't have a
Yahoo ID.  However, if it turns out you *can't*, you can ask the
group's moderator to change your setting for you.

I'm not wild about Yahoo, either, but until someone offers me a free
mail listserver, I'm using them.

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA

NAFEX: I'm in USDA Zone 9b

Treadle On: My current wishlist is a Bronze Embossed White, Kenmore
De Luxe 551Matching Cabinet Chair, Singer 500 carrying case, Necchi
treadle cabinet, National Art Deco treadle cab, Kenmore Art Deco
treadle cab