[NAFEX] grafting

John Smith friendly27sw at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 15:35:49 EST 2008

I have tried a number of things and have gone back to
vinyl electrician's tape (I found the rubber tape
would crack before grafts were fully healed sometimes
and it was hard to get them tight enough (perhaps
related to my less than perfect scion and root stock
cutting and matchup).  The only thing is you have to
cut the tape before the new tree is strangled.  The
other thing I use is a wax toilet bowl gasket - I
smear the wax over the scion to prevent moisture loss.
 This works well for me, but it seems after awhile
different people arrive at different methods that work
best for them.