[NAFEX] Russets

Martha L. Davis martha_davis at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 19:00:16 EST 2008

Russet apples.

I have liked the texture of Roxbury  russet at times and at times found it grainy.   The graininess disappears when you cook it.  I am in the process of testing what russets do well here and which don't.  My eating experiences were in the chicago area where i liked Golden Russet, Roxbury, Hudson's Golden Gem and Hoople's antique gold.  Razor russet tastes pretty much like Golden Delicious.  Not surprising given it is a russeted sport of Golden Delicious.

Martha