[NAFEX] Fw: slugs as food

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Aug 1 23:49:33 EDT 2008

My son put out  sheets of old corrugated aluminum siding to provide
shelter/habitat for garter snakes a couple of years ago and now we have
almost no slugs. The snakes need cover and the aluminum sheets give
them that, plus warmth.  Ironically, the slugs seek out the same areas
and get eaten that much faster.  The snakes go out from their shelter
areas and clean the surrounding zones of other slugs.    You get a
reduction in slugs the first year, and in the second year they almost
completely disappear.
The method works best if there is a water source for the snakes and
some brushy cover as well.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :