[NAFEX] Plum Question

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:48:22 EDT 2008

I had a peach tree come up from next to my compost pile, obviously from a
store-bought peach whose seed I'd tossed there.  I let it grow, and the
peaches ended up tasting just as good as store-bought ones, although they
are a little smaller.  I'd say go ahead and plant your plum seed.  You'll
need to stratify it, either by keeping it in a plastic bag in the fridge
over the winter or by planting it in the ground and waiting until spring for
it to sprout.

Fred
central Indiana
zone 5b