[NAFEX] Winter trees in pots

Amanda Emily amanda at wa-geek.net
Sat Nov 17 20:28:15 EST 2007

M27 I belive is rather cold tender, but I do have a few apples on M26 and Bud9 in oak half barrels at the head of the driveway as an experiment, and they come through just fine for the last three winters and have produced a crop this year. Nights here in the dead of winter in my microclimate up on Colville Mtn. can hit -25F without the windchill factored in and the barrels do freeze solid every winter. No winter protection is offered to them either asides from what is afforded by the barrel and its thick wood slats.

Amanda Emily
Colville, WA (z/5b)