[NAFEX] Subject: Asian lady beetles

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:27:11 EST 2007

>>Three weeks ago when the first wave of Asian lady beetles tried to
collect around my laundry room door (the same location they have
congregated in past autumns), I had an 'aha! moment.  I sprayed
Febreze around the doorjam, both inside and out.  No more beetles
came.>>

I will be trying this tomorrow right after I come home from the store!
They're everywhere! You people who don't have them don't know what we're
talking about but these are NOT lady bugs as you know them. These were
imported to eat aphids from soybean fields. They are now an invasive pest. I
have hundreds of them in the house and hundreds more dead and stinking in my
basement. I shop vac them daily. They fall from the ceiling just like you
were in a jungle with "things" falling on you. They are in food, every cup
and glass, in my laundry both clean and dirty, the dog's water dish, they
are EVERYWHERE. They bite and they stink. My hope is that with ethonol
taking over, the beetles will starve and go far, far away. And it can't
happen soon enough to please me!

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/