[NAFEX] Recent cold-snap

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sun Apr 8 09:28:46 EDT 2007

    Some call Minnesota "The Icebox of the Nation."  There is a real
advantage to living here in zone 3; plants seem to know when to start
leafing out and when to not begin growing.  I had unseasonably warm weather
too and not one of my plants anticipated the growing season.  My zone 4 and
5 plants behaved themselves too.  The only plants that 'jumped the gun' were
the Maple trees.  I sympathize with all of you folks who experienced freeze
damage and it looks as though it will be business as unusual in 2007 here at
Brambleberry Farm.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472