[NAFEX] Frost protection

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Mon Apr 2 08:36:48 EDT 2007

    Every time I used a single sheet of anything for frost protection, I
learned I wasted my time and the plant I tried to protect got fried by frost
to the same degree as unprotected plants got frosted.  One sheet of
anything, whether it be plastic or bed sheet or(?) is worthless.  TWO
sheets, however, can trap an insulating layer of air between them affording
some protection.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

Another option is to cover them with visqueen (plastic).  Visqueen is clear
and will let light through while protecting the blooms from frost.