[NAFEX] Arbor vitae

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Sun Apr 1 09:07:44 EDT 2007

How about fungus feeding on the honeydew from scale insects?  This can be
hard to rub off arbovitae.  I had soft brown scale on an arborvita for years
that served as a source of reinfection for tropicals (via ants) summered
near the tree.  I started spraying summer oil and over a couple years it
seems to have eradicated the problem (the scale, that is).

Steve H.