[NAFEX] Pawpaw Yields

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Tue Sep 26 09:44:34 EDT 2006

At this point in time, I don't recall how it correlated with bloom on
the pawpaws, but we had an F3 tornado pass within 3/4 of a mile of
the house on 2 April, and a widespread five-minute hailstorm on 7
April, that beat virtually every blossom or young fruit off almost
every tree in the orchard here, knocking off big chunks of bark and
causing bark splits as bad or worse than any cicada damage I've ever
seen.  I suppose those events could also have had some effect on the
pawpaw crop in this area.

Lucky