[NAFEX] Grapevine

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Sep 11 18:15:01 EDT 2005

One of Concord's peculiarities is that in hotter climates it ripens
unevenly, just as you describe.  It was for that reason that the U. of
Ark. bred Sunbelt, which is a Concord type that ripens evenly, for the
juice industry there.   They simply grew out a quantity of open
pollinated seedlings from Concord and the one that became Sunbelt had
the right traits.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.