[NAFEX] firm cooking apples (was Bramley)

Dave Griffin griffingardens at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 06:37:31 EDT 2005

Prairie Spy and N. Spy are unrelated. I used to know the parents but only
remember this much now. Where does the spy part of the name come from?
Somebody once told me it was a reference to the russeted area around the
stem. This is much in evidence on the Prairie Spies but I don't know if the
N. Spies have it, and it doesn't explain why that makes it a "spy".

Dave

used to change other email options):