[NAFEX] Tolman Sweet apple

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:33:33 EST 2005

Dense & dry-- agree.  I thought perhaps this was due to the dry year here--
it was my trees' first fruiting.  I'd read that T.S. was used for cider and
I said "Huh?!"  If you got enough of them ground up well enough & squeezed,
you would get some very sweet juice to add to tart & tannin apples.  (Also,
I read somewhere that T.S. was used as animal feed.  I think these COULD be
too much of a good thing, and I could end up feeding these to stock.)

I posted "not crisp", should have added dense/ tough.