[NAFEX] Spam and Virus

Tom Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sun Mar 21 10:16:49 EST 2004

Hi,

My ISP filters out email with virus attachments, and
evaluates email to determine if they are SPAM or not.

Email with a virus attachment just gets deleted at the ISP
level and I never see it.

All incoming emails are evaluated against a number of SPAM
criteria and given a numeric score.  Email below a certain
score are passed through normally, those above the target
score, the "email subject" is prefixed with the word "spam",
and I redirect that to a different folder than my inbox.

I review the spam just to make sure the filter is perfoming,
and so far it catches 99% of all spam.   It works very
well.  In time, instead of prefixing the subject line and me
reviewing it, I will instruct the ISP to just delete it.
The ISP asks that you review the spam filter for 60-90 days,
just to be sure it is not tagging mail you want incorrectly
as spam.

Later,
Tom
Jim F wrote:

>     I receive NAFEX via Yahoo Mail using Yahoo's spam
> filter; plus I have Norton and I have zero problems.Jim
> FruthPequot Lakes, MNDo you Yahoo!?

> (also can be used to change other email options):

> Message archives are here:

Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada
Hardiness Zone 5b