[NAFEX] Plum Choices

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 19:45:30 EDT 2004

Below is a list of the plums I have growing vigorously enough that I thought
to take scions from them and start budding onto a half dozen p. americanas I
have ready and waiting.
I'd like to choose just one or two to propagate on the 6 trees.
I am asking for recommendations - because I have as yet to taste any of
these varieties of plums - none in my young orchard have fruited yet (oh the
faith of a new orchardist!)

Green Gage
Alderman
Percy
Techumseh
Toka
Underwood
Kahinta
La Cross
Prairie Egg
Grenville
Pembina
S. Dakota
Pittsen #2

A local grower prefers Grenville, so if I have no other influence I will
probably go that route - I am hoping to sell a few commercially and need to
offer only a couple choices. thanks much, Del z3

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3