[NAFEX] successful bud grafts / temperature

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:39:19 EDT 2004

<
&gtOne of the tips the accomplished grafters gave me when teaching me
&gt;to do greenwood budding of nut trees, in July/Aug, was to prune out
&gt;the terminal bud - I'm presuming to remove apical dominance and
&gt;re-institute sapflow/growth, as referenced above.

I am still trying to get all this in my head straight.....If one stops the
auxins from flowing south - won't it also cause the bud graft to leaf out -
instead of waiting for the next year?  Or is it rather a matter of distance
(or number of rootstock buds) from the apical bud to the graft?, Del
Del Stubbs - ag zone2/3, where the weekends' frost toasted the squash, some
grape leaves, and sweet corn, but heard it snowed north in Canada
Any computer folk know why my replies add a '&gt;' instead of a normal '<'?