[NAFEX] Edible, ornamental crab sources

Anton Callaway marillen at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 04:31:39 EDT 2004

I don't have much experience with growing crabs, but may have some useful info on a couple of sources...
Johnson's Nursery sells 'Callaway' crabapples, but is sold out this year.  If you are planning for next year, they can be reached at:
http://www.johnsonnursery.com/FRUIT%20PAGES/APPLES.htm

I don't have Jim Lawson's latest catalog, but several edible ornamental crabs are listed in last year's catalog (I didn't see 'Callaway', but he probably offers it some years).  Jim's wife did pass away  in 2002, but as far as know, the nursery is being continued with the help of their daughter & her husband.  The nursery can be reached at 770-893-2141.

I have had consistently excellent trees from both these sources and highly recommend both.

Anton 'Crab'
Zone 8