[NAFEX] Strange bloom times

Dean Kreutzer deankreutzer at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:43:10 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Just want to add one comment to the discussion about winter dieback, and the
strange bloom times of some trees, or parts of trees.  One of my Evans
cherries is just now blooming, where all the others bloomed weeks ago, and
one of my apricots just started to bud out 1 week ago, when it's neighbours
budded out over a month ago.  I feel this is caused by winter damage, either
in the roots or trunk of the plant which delays and/or prevents energy from
the roots reaching the upper portion of the tree.  I noticed sap exiting the
trunk in a couple of locations.

Dean
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
USDA 3