[nafex] re: chlorosis

dwalsh/wchase wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Jul 31 11:53:23 EDT 2000

Utah soils are so dfferent from the PNW soils that I really don't know the cause
of the chlorosis, but certain minerals are utilized by the plant within narrow pH
parameters.

Maybe something in your soil (some mineral) is in excess or is deficient and this
is reducing the production of chlorophyll.

I'm going out the door in 15 minutes hiking in E WA with llamas, but when I get
back I can look up my pH charts and see what minerals are not taken up in alk
soils.

I do find that new leaves are always a bit lighter yellow than old leaves.

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase  email:wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove,  B. C.,  Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
Home web page  http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML

: Thanks Ed and Derry but...
: the chlorosis is on new 1-2' growth and is most pronounced on the tips
: of the whips. Some of the leaves show necrosis it's so severe.
: Lots of wildfires out here, very hazy, hot and dry in Utah.

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
http://click.egroups.com/1/6630/0/_/423498/_/965058945/