[nafex] Cure for gumosis?

edforest55 at hotmail.com edforest55 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 11 23:18:34 EDT 2000

Would someone be able to help this women and her husband? Have you
heard of a remedy for gumosis such as the one offered below? I can
forward your response to her.

My husband has his whole 4800 trees dying from bacterial fungi. About
1/3 are already dead. It's a devestating sight. They have sudamonis
(sp), and the bark is breaking and sap is running out. The leaves are
dying first, and then the tree just withers up. The agriculture dept.
here says it's from 2 years of frost in the winter. There are other
growers in his area, but he's the only one with trees infected. Does
anyone have any more information on this disease? Is it hopeless,
will the whole orchard secumb, or will some survive to produce fruit?
Any experience would be helpful. With thanks. Anne Mann

Posted by: bob - 5 (here at yougo.net <mailto:here at yougo.net>) on Tue,
Jul 11, 00 at 19:44
This is a story I was told, by a local grower about another grower
whose cherry trees were diying of bacterial gumosis. First he loaded
up his sprayer with copper and white latex paint and using a hand gun
he drenched his trees until they were white. The copper kills
bacteria, and I believe he was able to use the paint because the
trees were dormant. Otherwise you will need copper or some other
bacticide.

 RE: bacterial fungi in Lapin cherry trees
Posted by: bob - 5 (here at yougo.net <mailto:here at yougo.net>) on Tue,
Jul 11, 00 at 20:19
Try these; www.msue.msu.edu/index.htm ( Michigan State)
glang at tricity.wsu.edu - Dr. Lang's old email(might still work) or,
http//fruit.prosser.wsu.edu/ (WSU IAREC

Make your old place like new... Win A Guy!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6286/0/_/423498/_/963372303/