[nafex] Rabbits

Raby, Brian {20-4~Indianapolis} BRIAN.RABY at ROCHE.COM
Sat Dec 16 13:44:38 EST 2000

Question:  I know the standard of painting tree trunks and limbs with white
LATEX paint.  Has anyone tried to use a Thiram mix, generally thought to
repel rabbits from garden sites, with the Latex paint?  In theory, this
could be a formula to use to keep the rabbit from nibbling at the bark.

Brian
Sheridan, IN

-----Original Message-----
From: Big Swede [mailto:JFrisk at pionet.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2000 12:37 AM
To: nafex at egroups.com
Subject: Re: [nafex] Rabbits

I have always found that in the winter you should keep pruning your trees
and throw the prunings on top of the snow.  Usually the rabbits will eat the
tender prunings first.  As it snows more do more pruning.  They liked pear
prunings better than applewood and didn't touch plum or apricot.  Judson L.
Frisk