[nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)

Erdman, Jim erdmanj at uwstout.edu
Thu Dec 7 13:05:35 EST 2000

Fluffy bunny said:

>From a marketing standpoint companies often feel they can gain a
competitive advantage by advertising lower prices and recouping the price
differential on the shipping.

I guess another way to say this is many businesses use handling fees as
an intended basis of revenue.

And I try to avoid dealing with businesses that do this.  I would rather pay
actual shipping costs plus a reasonable handling fee, than to have it all
wrapped into one "shipping and handling" fee, which seems underhanded to me.
I always try to do price comparisons using the total cost of the order when
I buy something and am considering having it deliverd via USPS or UPS or
other carrier.

Jim Erdman (Menomonie, WI)

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/976212129/