[Market-farming] Japanese Beetles

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 17 09:25:47 EDT 2019

I see them here mostly on wild grape leaves; they don't generally cause me much in the way of problems. I expect it depends on what you grow and very likely also on local pressure.

I agree that you ought to look into milky spore. I haven't used it myself, but from what I understand it's not a quick fix, but fairly effective in the long term. I think there are also beneficial nematodes, which may work faster but not last as long. Again, I haven't used any specific product myself; but in any case as you're dealing with living soil organisms different ones may work better in different areas.