[Market-farming] Pricing Ramps

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Fri Apr 17 10:28:20 EDT 2015

Price should be high for ramps.  It is in HIGH demand.  My suggestion is that ramps are best sold to chefs who are REALLY wanting them.

Watch how you are harvesting them.

We have been seeding them the last two springs and have seen good results so far in reestablishing them in the woods and hillside on our farm.

Establishing them on your farm is the ONLY way to preserve them, the demand is going to outstrip any type of sustainable wild foraging methods as EVERYONE wants ramps right now.

Here is a little post on our new website about ramps and the particulars of what we have been doing.

Just some food for thought.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio