[Market-farming] Winter Root Crop Price Check(s)

Gary Scott twinspringsfarmva at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:04:51 EDT 2014

I have been delivering Hakurei Turnips and Baby Beets to local consumers
and restaurants and am interested in others pricing. I am bunching the
Turnips 5-6 per bunch about 1lb, Beets 5 -6 per bunch 1lb to 1.5 lbs,
selling them to on-farm retail customers for $2.50. I am selling them
wholesale to chefs bulk in 1.19 bushel boxes 15 to 18 lbs for $2.00 per lb.
I have several chefs that want early "baby" Carrots, I usually wait till I
can sell them when 5 -7 in a bunch make a lb. I have seen prices on the
internet all over the price map. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated, in particular on baby carrots, thanks in advance.

--
*Gary Scott*
twinspringsfarmva at gmail.com
www.twinspringsfarmva.com