[Market-farming] Squash problem in hoop

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Wed Jun 11 12:17:49 EDT 2014

Parthenon, a parthenocarpic green zucchini, might be a solution for you
guys.  The seeds are 4x the price of other hybrid, though.  It did work
fine for me last season in a hoophouse.  Zucchini all season long from a
single planting, with practically no reject.

On 14-06-11 11:08 AM, Richard Robinson wrote:
> I would guess pollination. 8" is a little long, in my experience, for that, but I don't know Zephyr. I've seen that commonly at 3-6".
>
> I've had poor luck with unassisted pollination of zucchini in my hoop houses, despite their being next to the open sides. I'll be trying to help things along this year.
>
>    Richard Robinson
>    www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
>    Hopestill Farm
>    www.hopestill.com
>

> On 6/11/2014 at 11:05:57 AM, Ron McElwain wrote:
>> Just checking to see if I know what is going on or if I have a bigger problem
>> than I think.
>>
>> I have Zephyr squash in the hoop.  The ends of the fruit are rotting off when
>> the fruit is about 4-8" long.  The fruit are also mostly skinny.  My guess is
>> a pollination problem.  Am I correct or do I have a bigger problem?
>>
>> Ron McElwain
>> NW Missouri - Zone 5
>> here (you will need to login in with your email address and password):
> address and password):

Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com