[Market-farming] ?'s about growing Jicama

Roots Farm karen at rootsfarm.info
Sun Aug 24 12:27:28 EDT 2014

Instructions I have seen for growing Jicama say to clip off all flowers so tuber production is prioritized.  Well, my Jicama planting (on trellis)  in Dominica is a jungle unto itself.  Rampant vines grow unbelievably fast -- seems like more than a foot in a day.  Flower buds popping up everywhere in the tangle.  Anyone had experience with growing jicama?  Can the vines be clipped, as well as the flowers, without losing productivity?  Any other advice or observations?

Thanks and best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs