[Market-farming] Eggplant varieties

Carla Maness manessfarm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:18:50 EST 2012

Pam,
If you like the Italian type eggplant, you might want to give 'Nubia' from
Johnny's a try. It was new to us this season, so we only grew about 18
plants or so, to see how it would do. It kept producing during the worst of
our heat and drought, and customers loved it. We will def grow more of it
next year.
My only complaint would be that during our extreme heat, temps of 115+ the
color faded. I had to pick them small, baseball size or slightly smaller to
get that gorgeous purple/white striping. Even then, customers commented on
the delicious flavor and smooth, creamy texture.

Carla
Perkins, OK  77 degrees  for a high today