[Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how

grizzdover at gmail.com grizzdover at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:40:59 EDT 2012

I also pull them as I don't believe they will "regenerate" ("grow back").
I plant at least three 200 foot beds (3 rows per bed) specifically for
"green garlic" in the fall.  We've got three tasty green garlic recipes on
the recipe page of our website :
http://www.turtle-farm.com/Recipes/index.htm .  Feel free to share them
with your customers.  Another way I like to fix them is to wrap broccoli
raab and then local bacon (which makes everything better : ) ) around them
held together with a toothpick and then put them on the grill till the
bacon is cooked.  I sell them 3 for a dollar.

Ben Saunders
Farm Manager
Turtle Farm: Certifed Organic Fruits, Veggies and Herbs
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/pages/Turtle-Farm/200544863386129