[Market-farming] Raspberry pests

Marlin Burkholder burkholders at glenecofarm.com
Fri Aug 17 00:22:41 EDT 2012

Thanks Tom, Richard, and Bill for your suggestions.
This evening I picked raspberries on the newest of our 3 rows and then
Marlin sprayed with Malathian.
I picked 5 pint of berries which I will use for tea/juice; as most of them
are soft.
The second batch of white maggots we put in a plastic jar.  I loosened the
lid and many of the maggots crawled out onto the tray below the jar.  I put
some of them back into the jar with the raspberries with a cloth lid and
some in a plastic cup with plastic wrap over it.  This evening it looked
like many had escaped the jar and the ones in the cup had died.
Christine