[Market-farming] Recycle categories for plastics

Wyatt Jones wyatt_jones at netzero.com
Thu Mar 31 13:29:40 EDT 2011

Been meaning to ask this but I keep getting distracted by the Livestock/fence issue and forget LOL.

Does anyone know what category plastic mulch and driplines fall under?  I've written the manufacturers, looked online, and looked for some indication on the packaging but haven't gotten a response or found anything to indicate what they fall under.  I know they are recyclable, I could sell it if I bought a baler and sent it to Pennsylvania but that would cost too much. I wrote the recycler there but also no response.  There is a recycle center about 12 miles away that will take it but they have to know what category it falls under before they will accept it.  I looked on plastic bag boxes, thinking it would fall under the same category as at least the mulch, but none I saw listed it either, which I found a bit strange.  My guess is its category 2 but that's just a guess.

Thanks

Wyatt

Jamestown, Ohio
Groupon&#8482 Official Site