[Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems

Mike Brabo mdbrabo at att.net
Wed Mar 30 01:00:23 EDT 2011

Joe,
Loved your comment about the smell of smoked pork wafting through the trees.

Our neighbor used to let his cows range freely all over the area.  After a couple warnings we took photos of damage, cleaned up cow patties and sent an invoice listing $35/hr for cleaning up their cow's manure.  Invoice sent for damage solved the problem and reimbursed us for damages and labor.  Plus it yielded a couple hundred bucks for my son.  Not a problem since.

For neighboring dogs harassing our sheep they get one warning.  Second time around they may be shot, with "organic" lead of course.  :o)

Mike
Vesterbrook Farm - Certified Naturally Grown
Clarksville, Missouri - Mississippi River Bluffs, Zone 6