[Market-farming] FW: Filtered Water for Soil Microbes

E C GRANATA elainegranata at msn.com
Tue Mar 22 19:44:32 EDT 2011

All:  I checked with my Extension agent and here are his thoughts.

Elaine
Denver

Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Filtered Water for Soil Microbes
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:10:47 -0600
From: Carl.Wilson at denvergov.org
To: elainegranata at msn.com

Elaine,  Without looking for scientific studies if they exist, I would think that the buffering capacities of soil will mitigate any effects of chlorinated water on the large number of microorganisms that live in soil volumes. We garden successfully all over the nation and I suspect there are many other limiting factors that cause problems with plant growth before treated municipal water is a concern. - Carl

Carl Wilson, Horticulturist
Colorado State University Extension
Denver Office
888 E. Iliff Ave.