[Market-farming] Sorta OT - getting farm insurance for eggs, meat, dairy

Brigette Leach afhg at ctsmail.net
Thu Mar 17 11:30:35 EDT 2011

My two cents. Insurance companies don't play games. They are largely numbers people. Products and rates are actuarially based. They also have to meet state and federal regulations as to reserves, etc. Other agencies, such as A.M. Best, rate them based upon those numbers, making a difference in how they are able to invest those reserves. They invest the reserves so that they have the funds to pay claims.

Brigette from Michigan