[Market-farming] Grower's Association?

KAKerby at aol.com KAKerby at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 08:46:59 EST 2011

We have several growers' associations out here, one of them  with a lot of
success, one with mixed, and one which I wish now I hadn't  bought into
(that money would have been better spent elsewhere).  Instead  of going into
names and details about those groups, I'll say that the quality of  the group's
work will largely be a reflection of the quality of the people in  it.  If
you can include top-notch folks, dedicated to whatever  goals your group
has, who also have good track records accomplishing their own  goals in life
(in ways you respect), then you've got a lot going for your  group's
collective success.  But put a bunch of people in a room together  who haven't
figured out the basics yet (for either farming or politics or  interpersonal
skills), and you'll get pretty much the same thing writ large when  they try to
work together.  I hope you have a group of the former rather  than the
latter.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at  frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

In a message dated 3/9/2011 4:00:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,